Oxenham Arms Fine &Rare Wine List
Welcome to our Fine &Rare Wine List
We feel this additional selection of wines offers an intriguing insight into rarer and more obscure wines,
61. Rustenberg Chardonnay, Stellenbosch, South Africa 2016 Apricot and orange peel aromas followed by flavours of almond and marzipan. £37.00 Burgundian in style, fermented and matured in casks for twelve months
.62. Benkasteler Ley Riesling Kabinett, Dr Loosen, Mosel, Germany 2015 £41.00
It is this sort of Gem that is pioneering the very tangible revival and interest in German
wines. Only 8% ABV it is bursting with scented, medium racy Reisling fruit. With or
63. Pouilly FuissÃ©, Vielles Vignes, Domaine Gonon, Burgundy, France 2016 £40.00
A bright pale golden colour with a complex nose of citrus, white flowers and hints of vanilla.
Rich and full on the palate with flavours of tropical fruits, melon and a touch of minerality.
64. Via Arxentea Treixadura Y Godello Monterrei, Spain 2015 £38.00
An intriguing 50/50 blend of both the two above little known grape varieties. Made in sandy
clay soil in Galicia, Northern Spain. Zesty, crisp melon and pineapple with a gentle yet long and
65. Chateau Cissac, Cru Bourgeois, Haut-MÃ©doc, Bordeaux, France 2014
Full flavoured and reliable, robust, balanced. Overtones of cedar and tobacco, black fruits, ripe
£42.00 cherries, vanilla and cinnamon spices, balanced by well intergrated French Oak
67. Domain Road Pinot Noir, Central Otago, New Zealand 2014 £48.00
Dark and red fruits, plums, cherries, hints of orange peel, highlighting soft tannins, a well
balanced acids, good length, body and structure with a spicy finish. Very Burgundian,
68. Chateau Musar, Bekka Valley, Lebanon 2006 £62.00
A legendary red, organically made in the Bekaa Valley by the French owner Hochar. A harmonious blend of Cabernet Sauvignon, Cinsault and Carigna enhanced by French Oak. Ripe berry fruit, violets, liquorice cassis and soft savoury finish, almost spicy notes.
69. Immortelle, Cotes du Roussillon Village, France 2016 £48.00
A rare treat, made by Liam Steevenson our merchant?s son and a Master of Wine.
Reflecting the true terroir of the region, a massive fruit extraction, blend of Carignan, Syrah, Mouvedre
and Grenache Noir enhanced by toasty French Oak ? Small production means a very rare treat indeed.
70 . Ferratus AO, Ribera del Duero, Spain 2015 £35.00 The perfect winter red, from the Ribera del Duero, similar in style to a big, chunky, old fashioned Rioja,
noted for its powerful ~ smoky oak integration. 100% Tempranillo.